Social media represents an exciting new opportunity for local councils to engage
with their citizens. This webinar will bring together experts from local governments,
digital agencies, and technology providers, to address the key challenges and possibilities
created through social media.
>> Click here or use the button on the right to register
Our expert panel includes:
This Big City
President, IBM Academy of Technology
Talk About Local
Digital Communication Manager
Sunderland City Council
BBC, Sky and ITV
The rise of social media is undeniable, with over 800 million Facebook users worldwide
and 140 million tweets sent every day, social media can no longer be dismissed as
a trend or generational phenomenon. It is therefore vital for cities and the communities
they represent to not only monitor these social channels, but to also actively participate
in them. Social media represents a unique opportunity for local councils to offer
innovative new services and communicate with their citizens. This webinar will bring
together experts from local governments, digital agencies, and technology providers
to address the key challenges facing councils in implementing such a programme.
Topics to be discussed:
- What is the potential for the use of social media in cities?
- Listening to the streets - using social media analytics to hear the voice of the
- How far is too far? Strategies for counteracting concerns around privacy issues
- A new town crier? Updating and informing citizens through social media
- How can social media channels be used to engage with citizens?
- Opportunities for innovation: utilizing social media to find social solutions to
- Dangers of exclusion: what steps can be taken to improve level of digital inclusion
in the city?
- What are the necessary investments for a successful social media strategy?
- A notable absence – what are the dangers of not being prepared for and visible on